Thursday 12 July 2012

Cider...house...rules

Girl drinks are delicious. Any male that says otherwise and doesn't immediately rationalize this with the excuse that they are too sweet is a liar (and even with the excuse, he probably still is a liar). They taste good because they taste like candy, which also is good. I know, I'm speaking like an eight-year-old, but it's a simple truth. And eight-year-olds should not have an opinion on whether or not a certain type of alcoholic beverage is delicious. I don't drink them, however, because I'm not entirely comfortable with myself even with beer in my hand, so why draw more attention? Also, so. Much. Sugar.

But I will drink cider, which looks like beer and tastes a bit juicy (juiciness varies by brand). I used to get a little crap ordering it, though I think more men are coming around. But a lot still laugh at the prospect of getting anything but a domestic at their local bar. Or, if they want to impress, an import or craft beer. But nothing that was, at one time, apple juice.

It's just that... I like cider more. Much more. End of discussion. In fact, I'm drinking it right now. Alexander Keith's "Original Cider", from a bottle (most alcoholic beverages taste much, much better coming from a bottle as opposed to a can. And ten times better off tap). And sometimes, cider can be manlier then beer. Strongbow is named after the 2nd Earl of Pembroke, Richard "Strongbow" de Clare, who laid the smack down on the Irish using his Welsh archers in the 12th century (making the drink kind of inappropriate for St. Patrick's Day, even though cider is quite popular in Ireland. They have their own delicious type in the form of Magners, so all's fair).

Though if manliness was based solely on your name, I'd immediately change mine to Max Power and call it a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment